Selling your home is a big decision that is never taken without some major thought. You may ask yourself where to start, what is the market value of your home, what is the cost of selling your home, and many more questions. Sellers often wonder if they should sell now or put their house in property management for a while. Whether you this is your first move or your tenth move, it is always smart to seek the advice of a real estate professional when selling your home.
Your home is your largest asset and using a real estate professional during the selling process can have major benefits. You should always interview a couple agents or use an agent who has properly represented you in past transactions. Either path you take in choosing your real estate professional always make sure they will make the transaction process smoother, will market your home in multiple places (not just list it in the MLS), get your home sold for the correct price, and represent you to the fullest at all points of the transaction.
Here are some tips to help sell your home and picking an agent:
- Simple Changes Make a Huge Difference- Simple things like paint touch ups, dusting, de-cluttering, replacing light bulbs, adding plug-ins, etc can make huge differences in the appearance of a home during a showing. Make sure to ask your agent what you can do to freshen up or stage your home before the showings begin.
- Price Your Home Correctly (Know the Market)- Pricing of a home in today’s market is a major factor in selling your home. Have your agent run a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA). Pricing your home at market value will not only help your home to sell faster but it will keep you from “chasing the market” as well. Be sure that your agent has knowledge of the market as it specifically affects you and your home.
- Marketing. Marketing, Marketing- Marketing is key when trying to sell your home. When choosing an agent make sure they are going to market your home (not only list it in the Multiple Listing Service, MLS). Any real estate professional can list a home in the MLS, so be sure that your agent is using other means of marketing. For example; flyers, signs, print ads, websites (multiple), open houses, emails, following up on showings, etc.
- Photos- In today’s market, your home must have a sufficient amount of quality photos. Most buyers today start their home search by using the web. Homes that have blurry, dark or only one photo will get passed up even if they are a beautiful home. Your agent should have the maximum amount of photos in the MLS and on other sites in order to keep your home from being passed over.
- Negotiating- When an offer is received you want to make sure whether it would be smart to counter-offer, accept or refuse. As real estate professionals we are well versed in negotiating a home contract. Be sure that your agent is familiar with the contract and knows how to negotiate terms of the offer. You want an agent that will use their knowledge of both the market and the contract to stand their ground in order to represent you, as the seller. You want an agent that is both firm and professional.
As the Pinnacle Team,we are here to represent you. With over 15 years of buying and selling experience, we dedicate our time to making your transaction as smooth and pain free as possible. We help with all parts of the transaction. You rest and be sure that your home is being taken care of when you sell with the Pinnacle Team.
Picture by ThinkPanama