With today’s internet-empowered consumers, some may think they have access to all the information they need when purchasing a home of their own. Sometimes buyers do not understand the advantages of using a REALTOR® or real estate professional. Many transactions get better results when the parties to the transaction used real estate professionals. When thinking of purchasing a home on your own there are many things one should think about. Using an Accredited Buyer’s Representative (ABR), such as Terri Saari, a buyer can benefit extremely.
Here is a list of a few topics you may want to think about when deciding whether to use a real estate professional:
- Do I have the time to research and schedule showings for the many properties I would like to see before purchasing?
- Do I understand how to interpret the market and make education decisions about my home purchase?
- Will I be able to interpret the market data in a way that will help me make an offer than has a chance of getting accepted?
- Am I familiar with the Texas Association of REALTORS® and Texas Association of REALTORS® (TAR) forms enough to represent and protect myself in my home purchase?
- Do I understand real state representations? The difference between a client and customer? Who is loyal to either side of the contract?
- Will I be aware of all zoning regulations and building codes pertaining to the home I am purchasing?
- Do I have the time to research home loan opportunities and choose which program is right for me?
- Will I have enough experience in negotiating the contract on my behalf?
These issues and many more can arise during the buying process on your home. Having an agent with an ABR® designation would be in your benefit as a home buyer in today’s market. A home is a major investment, make sure you have the right tools to benefit yourself. For more information on the buying process contact Terri or Kristen today.
Photo is by Bohman